Saturday, December 28, 2013

Saturday 9: Baby, It's Cold Outside





1) How cold is it where you are?

~~ it is currently a balmy 45 degrees here in Livonia Michigan

2) This familiar song was introduced in a 1949 film called Neptune's Daughter. (watch a clip here). Name another movie song.


~~ I can name many, I love musicals, but the first to pop into mind is Grease

3) Who was the last person to call you "baby?"


~~ I don't remember ever being called "baby", except by my dad, who passed away in 2010!

4) This time of year is important to college football fans. Have you watched/will you watch any bowl games?

~~ No way! I hate watching sports, except for figure skating and horse racing, on TV!

5)  Are you sad to see the holiday decorations begin to slowly disappear? Or do you think they should all come down right away?


~~ I didn't put any up in my condo but I'm sad to see the decorations go down elsewhere, I like a gradual withdrawal, but I also like to see St. Valentines Day decor go up, then St. Patty's Day, there's always some reason or event to decorate for!

6) Did you tell the truth about your weight on your driver's license, or did you shave off a pound or two?

~~ I'm sure I probably shaved off a pound or two, or five!

7) Crazy Sam swears that the Echinacea she takes every morning keeps her healthy. Her boyfriend tells her she's wasting her money. Do you take any herbal supplements?


~~ Nope, I do once in a while but when I do I can't tell any difference in my health or energy so it doesn't last long

8) The average restaurant in the US tip is 18%. Are you a generous tipper?

~~ Usually not, usually I stick to 15%, but sometimes, once in a great great while, when I have an incredible waiter, I can be

9) This is the last Saturday 9 of 2013. Do you know the lyrics to "Auld Lang Syne?"


~~ Up to a pint, I know "Should auld acquaintance be forgot, and never brought to mind? Should auld acquaintance be forgot, and days o' lang syne? For auld lang syne, my dear, for auld lang syne, We'll take a cup o' kindness yet, for auld lang syne." There's a whole bunch of words that follow, I think




3 comments:

  1. You get extra points for knowing lyrics are "auld" and not "old." Nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Herbal supplements sometimes need to be taken for quite a while before any good comes from them, unfortunately.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Grease! That makes me want to watch it now! :)

    ReplyDelete