Saturday, December 28, 2013

Sunday Stealing: Questions for a New Year’s Eve Reflection Meme



From the archives!

1. What was the single best thing that happened this past year?  


~~ I started adopting Betta fish, they're adorable and so relaxing to watch!

2. What was the single most challenging thing that happened?

~~ I was laid off September 27

3. What was an unexpected joy this past year?  

~~ Finding cool websites, such as 750 Words

4. What was an unexpected obstacle?

~~ I didn't think I'd be laid off, I worked there for 9 years, won awards for good work, but due to my cut in hours because of a need to be at dialysis and various surgeries my work deteriorated within the company

5. Pick three words to describe 2013.  

~~ Forgettable, passing, numb

6. What were the best books you read this year?  

~~ Didn't read anything

7. With whom were your most valuable relationships?  

~ Co-workers Keith and Betty, my sister Carole

8. What was your biggest personal change from January to December of this past year?  

~~ Being laid off from work

9. In what way(s) did you grow emotionally?  

~~ I'm not fearing death as much, ready to meet my Maker, even if He reopens a nasty spot in Purgatory just for me alone

10. In what way(s) did you grow spiritually?  

~~ Yell at God, eh, pray more

11. In what way(s) did you grow physically?  

~~  I don't feel as awkward having to walk with a cane or walker when I go out

12. In what way(s) did you grow in your relationships with others?  

~~ I accept more help, not as vain with people 

13. What was the most enjoyable part of your work?  

~~ The people I worked with

14. What was the most challenging part of your work?

~~ Calling people over and over and over and over again trying to get them to send their pledges in, hearing people from all across the country cuss me out over and over and over and over again

15. What was your single biggest time waster in your life this past year?  

~~  Spending too much time surfing about on the Internet

16. What was the best way you used your time this past year?
  


~~ Vegetation, it's so relaxing! And it soothes me after dialysis

17. What was biggest thing you learned this past year?


~~ That writing 750 words a day is a great asset to the psyche

18. Create a phrase or statement that describes 2013 for you.


~~ When there's nothing left, anything can happen

5 comments:

  1. I got interested in 750 words, I will check on that
    hope you can visit my sunday Stealing

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will have to check out the 750 words. I hope you are feeling better; having health issues is such a challenge. Healthy people have no idea how lucky they are. I wish you much good fortune for 2014.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sorry to hear about losing your job due to your health issues. I hope you are feeling better. Thanks for writing about 750 words--it sounds so interesting! I think I will sign up for that, too. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, you've had a rough year, but it sounds like you're handling it well. I hope 2014 is better.

    I am going to have to go check out that 750 Words thing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Quite a few ups and downs this year---your motto is great!

    ReplyDelete