Friday, January 10, 2014

7 Quick Takes Friday

1. According to Dr. Medley my new port sounds good and is able to start being used. I'll have my two year old catheter taken out in two weeks! Yay! Tomorrow I'll, supposedly, be using the new port for the first time. I'll bring some scissors with me so Gracie can cut my warm ups where she needs them to be cut. I hope it's not going to be painful putting needles in. I'lll scream and act like a baby if it does!

2. Spoke with Betty this week, she texted me and I called her, I'm glad I did, it was nice to finally speak with her. Chemo has been knocking her for a loop. I wish we had the chance to drive through Hines around Christmas time to see the holiday lights (Wayne County Lightfest). Hopefully next year, and that will be here before you know it!

3. I took two days off from dialysis last week, Saturday and Tuesday. The roads were dangerous, from the "Snowpocalypse", and a mess from all the snow. On Saturday I "called in sick" and Tuesday "my car was down". Yes, I am a liar when I gotta be! But I was happy cozy under my covers as I lay on my couch with my blanket covering me.

4. I've got my mind on Girl Scout cookies! I e-mailed Sherice, texted Heidi, and asked Carmelita on Words if they know anyone who sells them at work, they don't know of anyone. Carole said Sara has a friend who sells, but I'll probably just buy them in front of Kroger's where a able is set up. They're $4 this year! And you don't get many in a box. I love the peanut butter cookies, and the peanut butter sandwich creams, and the mint ones too. It's traditional to buy at least one box a year!

5. Yes, I'm still "trying", thinking of singing The Unicorn

6. Commercials for the Winter Olympics have been popping up on TV, it begins February 6, and will be held in Russia. I look forward to the figure skating and bob sledding.

7. Learned that my favorite actor on The Young And The Restless, Michael Muhney, who played Adam Newman, was let go for touching and groping Hunter King, the girl who plays Summer. I really liked him but if he did this I'm glad the show let him go.

No comments:

Post a Comment