Friday, January 3, 2014

7 Quick Takes Friday

~ Happy 2014! I love the first beginnings of the year, the change of a calendar to a totally new one. I always feel such hope that maybe this year will rock. And maybe this tear WILL! My wall calendar for 2014 is Doreen Virtue's Angel Calendar. I wanted something inspirational!

~ The year has started with lots and lots of snow. It's pretty but I hate driving in it, and I hate people who leave their dogs and pets out in it. I love to watch it fall and I love cozying myself underneath warm blankets. My favorite is my warm and cozy green electric heating blanket Carole gave me for Christmas last year. I've never plugged it into the wall yet but it's soft and warm without doing that.I love my blanket!

~ I'm still waiting to see if my newest dialysis port is going to do the trick. My dialysis nurse Gracie doesn't look too confident with it. She doesn't seem to hear the thrill that she's suppose to. This was number 7 or 8 put in, I've lost count, but I'm done with the surgeries so if it doesn't work, say la vie. I have an appointment with my doc on Wednesday.

~ Betty is sick, her grandson called and she's been having some major chemo being done for her cancer. I've tried calling and texting but haven't spoken with her for weeks. I hope she's OK. Sherice, her work supervisor and my ex-supervisor (I was laid off in September) hasn't had an opportunity to speak with her either. I wish we could have had that chance to see the holiday lights in Heins.

~ Went to Red Lobster with Bob and Liz on New Year's Eve for dinner. I love their rolls!  I was home by 10:30 where I just chilled out alone watching TV for the rest of the evening.

~ I started cleaning out my condo today, that's my number one goal for the year. I want it clean enough that I can allow a new cat to adopt me as his "Forever Home". I can have an art center here, a clean and refreshing meditation area, a nice kitchen to cook in. But I want it clean. IMMACULATELY!

~ I miss having a job. I miss going out and seeing people, the only place I go now is early morning 5:45 AM dialysis on Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Saturdays. I try to write 750 words a day and it's a challenge because there's nothing to write about. There is nothing happening in my life. I don't want to find a job while waiting to see if I will need another surgery, and when, because I'll need to have a schedule that coincides.

No comments:

Post a Comment